Once a month, we like to give our readers the chance to get to know one of our team members by shining the spotlight on them. Here’s our spotlight for this month, Lawrence Shaw. Help us wish him a happy work anniversary!
1. How long have you been working at Crisp Marketing?
As of today, I have been working at Crisp Marketing for exactly a year.
2. What’s your title at Crisp Marketing?
Junior Multi-Media Designer
3. What’s a typical day like for you at work?
My typical day begins with me scanning over my daily tasks list in Asana to see what articles require images for the day. After I have decided on the day’s articles, I open Photoshop or After Effects, depending on if an image or video is required, and create an image that best represents or explains said article.
4. What’s your favorite thing about your job?
The daily challenges of creating concepts for images and videos from material that I’m not the most familiar with is probably my favorite part of this job and is what provides my daily motivation.
5. Did you go to college? If so, how did play into your decision making for your career?
I graduated from the University of Memphis with a degree in Film. I’ve always known that I enjoyed film making but college helped in mining the other mediums in visual arts.
6. What made you want to work in your field?
I first began playing around with my father’s camera when I was eight and I’ve loved it ever since; something about being able to create images that take the viewer out of their bubble and show them someone else’s world has always interested me.
7. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Hopefully having the opportunity to travel filming all of the different cultures that make up this vast world.
8. If you could go back and do anything differently for your career path, would you? What would it be?
I would have studied abroad while I was in college and placed a greater stress on internships in my field.
9. What is your favorite film genre and why?
I don’t really have a favorite genre but I love how sci-fi films use colors in framing in their films.
10. Who’s been your biggest influence during your career journey?
My biggest influence at the moment would be my brother Josh because of his artistic passion and drive.